13 - 17 September
This Week in the Hodges Speedway . . .
- We have officially passed our halfway mark of the 1st quarter. Academic alerts will be sent home to those students who are struggling in any of the core areas.
- Sep. 13 - PTA Open House - 5:30 Dinner; 6:30 Meeting; 7:00 Classroom visits
- CHECK OUT OUR CLASS BLOG! - Bloggin' It! - Comments are enabled, so feel free to interact!
- AR - Reading is a vital part of our curriculum. Please make sure to be reading 25 minutes nightly (or more, if necessary to keep up or improve). You should be earning about 2 points a week to reach our quarterly goal of 15 points. As of this week, students should have no less than 6 points.
- REMINDER: Homework is written each morning in the student's agenda. Please check frequently to make sure your child is keeping up with his or her homework. If you have any questions or concerns about homework, please don't hesitate to call.
- ABSENCES - Please remember to send a note stating a reason for your child's absence. It is important for the school to document the absence. Also, if a student is absent, it is his or her responsibility to make up their work that was missed while they were gone. I will provide the work and remind them, but it is up to them to complete the work. Tests must be made up immediately. Please remember that if a student misses his or her tests, grades will most likely be affected; scores on make-up tests are rarely as high as tests taken on the original date. Please keep this in mind when making doctor's appointments. (Tests are normally given on Friday.)
Upcoming Event(s) . . .
- Oct. 14 - End of 1st Quarter
- Oct. 21 - Trunk or Treat
- Oct. 24-28 - Parent/Teacher Conferences - Early Release schedule that week
- Oct. 21-28 - Book Fair